- Aurelio Martinez is the leading musician from the exiled Garifuna culture.
- His 2004 debut recording, Garifuna Soul, was heralded as one of Afropop International’s Top 10 Albums of the Year.
- He was first black person to become a congressman in the National Congress of Honduras.
- He was selected by Afropop legend Youssou N’Dour to collaborate through the Rolex Mentor and Protégé Arts Initiative, touring the U.S., Europe, and Africa.
- He performed a Tiny Desk Concert for NPR Music in March.
- His latest album, Lándini, made “best of year” critics lists in The Sunday Times, fRoots, and Songlines.
More Info: Aurelio at SFJAZZ